R.D.K holdings S.A

dimanche 13 janvier 2013


The second part of our exclusive Dukan summer diet reveals how to broaden your menu options.

Cruise rules

  • Have one to five pure protein days (with no-fat dairy products) interspersed with one to five days when vegetables can be eaten too.
  • Eat two tablespoons of oat bran per day.
  • Take a 30-minute brisk walk daily.
  • Drink 1.5 litres of water each day.
You should be aware the weight loss you enjoyed in the Attack phase will likely plateau when you introduce salad and vegetables, but don't panic.

The protein-only diet has a powerful water-loss effect. A diet rich in meat and dairy products raises the levels of uric acid and urea in the blood. These are toxic by-products of protein breakdown, which the body tries to eliminate by sucking water out of the tissues and pumping it into the kidneys and urinary tract to help it flush out.

When you start eating vegetables again, your body will naturally start to retain a little water. As soon as you switch to a pure protein day, the water expulsion will return.

Dr Dukan says you can expect to lose 900 grams for every week you're on the Cruise phase.

Insider tips

  • EAT as often as you like. Don't go hungry.
  • NEVER skip meals.
  • EXPERIMENT with agar agar (from health shops). This marine gelatine reduces the speed at which sugar is assimilated by the body, cuts cholesterol and reduces the amount of calories absorbed.
  • MAKE Dukan-friendly sauces and dressings. For a simple yoghurt dressing, beat a teaspoon of Dijon mustard, a dash of vinegar, pepper, salt and herbs into non-fat yoghurt. Delicious!
  • WEIGH yourself daily. Weight loss, no matter how tiny, is the best incentive.
  • DRINK a large glass of cold water before your meal, one during, and a third afterwards. This makes you feel full and disrupts the absorption of food, allowing messages of satisfaction more time to reach the brain.
"The kilos fell off me and I'm much healthier"

"The kilos fell off me and I'm much healthier"

Karen Galkoff, 38

"I love food, which is why Dukan has suited me so well. I followed the diet, lost 44 kilograms, and happily glided through two holidays on Dukan, eating like a horse, and continuing to lose weight.

"I don't need to diet anymore, but I still eat the Dukan way. I have protein and salad or vegetables every day, and low-fat yoghurt and oat bran porridge for breakfast. If we  go out for dinner, I'll call that my celebration meal, enjoy myself, then follow it with a couple of pure protein days to get back on track.

"I can honestly say there's nothing I miss.  I've been doing Dukan so long, if I do have carbs, I don't enjoy them. When I've dieted in the past, I've starved myself  during the day and saved my calories for chocolate in the evening. But with Dukan, not only am I allowed to eat as much as I like, but it's all good, fresh food. I'm not just slimmer, I feel much healthier, too."

Insert more text here

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Subscribe to RSS Feed Follow me on Twitter!